Symposium on ecotourism in Alpi Maritime. Mercantour, France, November 2009.
This meeting had the following objectives:
- Contribute to the emergence of new forms of tourism in natural areas: ecotourism;
- Connect all the ecotourism actors in the context of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism Parks;
- Position the natural Mercantour Park as an eco tourism destination across its territory and region;
- Share the Moroccan experience, particularly of the FM6E and South Oasis Program (SOP), on the accompanying measures to develop responsible tourism.
The FM6E participation consisted of a:
- Presentation in a regional press conference on the FM6E program approach to support the national Responsible Tourism strategy.
- Presentation at a dinner discussion of the vision of Her Royal Highness the Princess Lalla Hasnaa, President of the FM6E, to implement a conservation and development program for the Marrakech palm grove and the accompanying the SOP for Sustainable Oasis Development, including the implementation of the Eco Schools, Green Key programs, and the new label dedicated to the oasis: Green Oasis.